Sunday, June 1, 2008

Max is a big boy now

Three weeks ago I went to go get Max up from his nap. And apparently he was already up. It was so funny he was sitting up in his bed like hi mom. We couldn't figure out his technique, on sitting up, until he did it 30x's in our bed a few days later. He first buries his head in the ground, next sticks his but in the air, and then with all of his might pushes himself to one side of his bum , and finally balances himself out. Yeah!!! for Max

The only problem is to lay himself back down he does a face plant. Well not today. I went in to check on him and he had just face planted into his bumper pads and decided to take a nap there. It gets better though...

For his 2nd nap he decided to lay on his own lap to sleep. So we have now lowered his bed to the lowest setting. Since he can sit himself up he is now trying to pull himself up on the side of the crib. When i was bathing him today he tried to pull himself out of the tub too. And if you are wondering what he is wearing its a little sleeping bag with arms. I love love love it. I don't have to worry about him getting wrapped up in his blanket.

7 comments:

Heather Thompson said...

Aubs
Max is so cute... He looks a lot like you and Hank! I can't believe he is so big and I still haven't ever seen him. Hopefully one day soon! Hope you guys are doing well.
Heath

Leslie said...

I can't tell you how hard I was laughing at the face-in-the-bumper picture! So funny! Milee used to do that when she was around that age only she'd lay on her back and end up with the bumper sitting over her neck. Head on one side, body on the other. Kids are so funny!

Hey, where're you guys living now?

Sarah Mickalson said...

he is so cute Aubrey! I am so glad that he is no longer sick!

Unknown said...

You are so funny, I love those sleeper bags too. Linford learned something new each week so we kept changing and changing his bed lower and lower... it was the worst beacause his bed is so hard to lower.
He started sitting up so I put it down....
Then he started crawling, so I put it down again....
Then he started standing up, so I put it down again....
I SHOULD OF JUST PUT IT ALL THE WAY DOWN THE FIRST TIME!!!

But linford does the face plant thing too, I have tried to fix him so he is comfortable, but he wakes up! So, I just decided to let him be....but its kinda sad!
Now that he is sitting, he'll be crawling before you know iT!

Leslie said...

Hey! I just tagged you on my blog so you'll have to copy and paste it and change the answers! :)

Dan and Al Gardner said...

hi aubrey, i found your blog through megs. your boy is so cute! he looks like your mom. I can't belive how big our boys are getting. It seemed like only yesterday we were in the hospital. take care. alysen

Kelly and Bryce said...

That picture of him asleep on his lap is hilarious!!!