Yes, last night we put up our Christmas tree. I couldn't resist I LOVE Christmas time. Plus my kids were ecstatic. This year we got a train at Costco for around the tree and I just love love love it. Max played with it for 2 hours last night and 1 hour this morning. Jack just pointed and said steam for 20 min then tried to grab the train a million times and knocked it off the tracks a million more times. So finally I said, "Okay kiddo's when dad gets home he will fix it, he's the best at fixing things." That satisfied them for now. But really its so cute the train blows out steam. Lets enjoy it now because I think it will be broken before Christmas.
PLEASE READ: I hate blogs that just jibber jabber...but I promise you will be glad you read this one!
So here is the deal...I was talking to my sis Jess and she told me this wonderful idea that her sister Jen told her. So I would like to share it with you. Do you feel like we sometimes forget what Christmas is really all about? Well I do. I get caught up in the shopping and making sure my kids have enough from Santa and enough to open Christmas morning-but this year I decided that I am going to take Jess's advice and do things a little different. Here is how it goes: Each of my kids will get 4 things.......(plus a little something from Santa)
1. Something they want
2. Something they need
3. Something to wear
4. Something to read
I thought this was such a great idea. I hope by doing this I will remember the true meaning of Christmas and also create a more enjoyable holiday.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Tis the Season
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Love it!!
awesome idea Aubs! I think that's plenty and it would help me not go so out of control. Love it!
I noticed that you guys had Christmas tree lights in your window! I love Christmas too. . . I think I'll decorate next week!
So Aubs...are we baking next tuesday? chocolate hostess cupcakes, and turkey sugar cookies? I get in Monday morning. :)
I put my Christmas tree up already too! Love love Christmas!! Love that idea!
Such a good idea. I usually do one present from santa, one from mom, one from dad, and one from each sibling so a total of 5 per kid...works out perfectly!
I have to say, it's still a little too early for me to want to put my own tree up, but I have enjoyed seeing everyone elses lights on their trees through their windows. That is a great idea on what to get your kids.
Post a Comment