here is an easy and delicious recipe for french bread. My friend Jen wanted this recipe so I decided to share it with everyone!
In your mixer add:
2 1/2 C warm water
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 packets of yeast
-combine these 3 ingredients and let sit for 5 min
-then add
5 1/2 - 6 C flour
1 Tablespoon salt
1 Tablespoon oil
- mix all ingredients
-knead until smooth (you can add pam to counter top and hands)
-place in big mixing bowl and cover bowl with saran wrap and (clean :)) dish towel
-let raise for 30 min then punch down and recover and raise for an additional 30 min
-CUT into four pieces
-roll into loaves and cut 3 small slits on an angle across the top
-brush with butter
-cover with saran wrap and let raise another 30 min
Cook @ 400 degrees for 10 min then put the bread on the top rack on the bottom and visa versa. Then place tin foil on the bread that is browned to prevent burning:) my favorite trick (thanks staci) and cook for another 10-15 min! Butter and sprinkle a little garlic salt. Let cool. The end.
I promise its really easy and yummy too. Let me know how you like it!
Sunday, October 17, 2010
For all you homemakers or wanna be homemakers...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my, that makes me so hungry for bread! Thanks so much for posting this for me! I'm definitely trying it tomorrow... I'll let you know how it turns out! Thanks woman!
You're welcome for the trick :) Is this the bread recipe you brought me when I had Brynlee? If not, I need that one too!
Post a Comment