So about a month ago we rushed over to our Dr. at about 8:30 pm because baby Jack had a fever of 103. Max was already in bed, so Uncle Bryce came and stayed with him. My Grandpa lives in AF right next to my Doctors office, so he met us there to help Hank give Jack a blessing. I was at peace after the blessing. So I thought there wouldn't be a problem at all. But I was wrong. The P.A. checked Jack and said she wasn't worried at all, but protocol required them to contact the on-call Doctor if a child was under 3 months (which he was by 1 week) with a fever that high. The sweet Doctor was nearby, so he said he'd come right over and just check on this baby. I was so happy that he made the effort because Jack ended up being admitted to the hospital right away. The Doctor said he showed signs of Spinal Meningitis. I started to ball. He said, "I am so sorry I don't mean to make you cry." He was so sweet. Well, we ended up in the hospital. We are so blessed with such a loving and supportive family, Grandma Jan picked Max up from our house and had him sleep over. My parents came to the hospital at 11pm which was a real sacrifice considering my mom goes to bed at 8:30:) We were so thankful they came we really needed them.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
We have been counting our blessings...
My mom was so sweet she came and held Jack for 3 hours while I slept.
After a spinal tap, and several other tests, as well as waiting for 26 hours, the results were negative. One thing I have to admit is that his hospital gown was adorable. We were so thankful and felt so blessed!!! Thanks everyone for all your love and support.
So we thought smooth sailing from there. But NOPE! 3 days later I took Jack into our Doctor to double check on his eyes. He wasn't seeming to focus. His eyes would sometime shake, and sometimes wonder from side to side and up and down. He also wasn't following us unless we were talking to him. The Doctor said he was really concerned, and we needed to see a pediatric opthomologist asap. I asked him what could be wrong. He said when I have seen this its usually a case of partial blindness, or total blindness, or little seizures. Once again the tears flowed like a faucet and prayers were said every minute of everyday until we could see the opthomologist. -I am getting teary eyed just writhing this- I called the eye doctor and we couldn't get in for a week and a half. I am glad my mother-in-law said just call back and see if they have had any cancellations. So I did, and they had an opening 2 days later. We were so thankful. It was such a long wait. I couldn't think about anything else the next 2 days. It was so painful, so hard, so scary, so sad, so dark, so lonely, so burdensome. I can't even describe the feelings, thoughts and emotions that were felt. I kept thinking, give me the blindness, just so my son could see. I wanted to suffer. I didn't want my son to suffer. It was some of the hardest days of my life. I couldn't think of it without crying. Even though I knew we could handle what ever the Lord saw fit for Jack and our family. As a family, we fasted and prayed before we went to the Doctor. After Jacks eyes were dilated, the Doctor checked him and said with no hesitation, "THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR BABIES EYES!!! Right then I had an overwhelming feeling of peace and a conformation that there was not one thing to worry about. I felt my Saviors love for me and my family and I knew I had just experienced a miracle. It felt like a time stopped and a burden was lifted. Hank and I looked at each other with overwhelming happiness and bigger smiles then you have ever seen. As soon as the Doctor left, I got out of the chair with Jack and hugged Hank. We couldn't have felt more blessed and watched over. I was so thankful for this experience. I realized all of the little things that bug or annoy me, really don't matter.
The day we found out everything was alright!!! And don't worry-in the middle of all of this I got called as the Nursery Leader!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Oh Aubrey, I am so sorry! I hope that Jack is feeling better and that you are all doing okay! If you ever need anything please let me know! We will keep your famil y in our prayers!!
OH my gosh. I am so sorry Aubrey. I cannot even imagine. Just reading that I got all choked up, thinking of my own little guys, I can't even imagine what you were going through. Man, having family and the gospel are something we really would be so lost without. I am so glad everything worked out. Your kids are precious. Love the picture, so sweet.
Just reading that totally made me get all teary. something about being a mom makes me think of what it would be like if it were me in the situation and what I would be feeling - makes seeing a lot of movies really difficult.
I'm so happy for your cute little family! Miss you!
wow aubrey. i am so sad you had to go through that but so extremely grateful everything turned out okay. definantly a true miracle. i couldn't help but cry when you were talking about taking the trouble away from jack and wanting them to be your own. that you, as a mom, would do that for your son. i love that. i don't think anyone can understand the love you have for your kids except of that of a mothers. you are a wonderful mom and have the two sweetest boys. i'm so glad everything turned out the way it did. prayers really are answered and the power of a priesthood prayer is remarkable. what an amazing you story you have. love ya girl.
Wow Aubrey I am so sorry you went through that! You seem so strong and like that just strengthened you even more! Your little boys are so lucky to have such a good mommy! And Good luck with nursery! Jake and I have been our leaders since Jan. And I love it, but am grateful they only keep you in there a year:)
I am so glad that everything is all right. What a bad week. Congratulations on the new calling!
It was so good to see you on Saturday, you look awesome!! I am so sorry about all that has happened to your little baby. I hate it when things are wrong with babies and children. I hope things continue to be alright with little Jack!
I am so glad that everything is going better with Jack. The Lord blesses each and every one of us. I'm glad you were called into the nursery. It is overwhelming but I know that you will do many great things with this calling. In fact you already have.
I am so glad everything is ok and all worked out! I was bawling just reading this!! Thank goodness for prayer and faith and family!!
How scary! I am so glad everything turned out ok. I don't even know what I would do. Hope Jack continues to get feeling better. He looks like a mini Max and they both look like mini Hanks! I love it!
Aubrey, reading that made my eyes fill with tears. I honestly put myself in your place with all that. From a mommy to another mommy I honestly sat here and felt your pain. I'm sure yours was way worse with you being in the position, but my heart ached. I am soooo happy he is doing good! Really! I'm feeling so strong about this I wish I could see you and tell you in person. I know what you mean when you say you would have suffered instead of him. That is something you completely understand when you have your own little babies and kids. I would die for our little guy. Your little baby is absolutely beautiful. There is no doubt that you all were being watched over! What a great blessing that is alone! And you said it right on, when situations like this happen, it makes all the little meaningless things in life we worry about not matter anymore. I am so happy again that all is well!
WOW, yeah life happens and we all go through things that are hard and as long as we stay close to the lord and pray hard, he will be with us. You are so so blessed that all went well and turned out okay. You family is wonderful!
just sobbing now after reading this. wow. its crazy how similar a thing our babies went through. thank the heavens for miracles, the priesthood, and a loving and mindful Heavenly Father. your kids are so adorble! how cute are max's comments? i can't believe how much he's talking. we love you guys!
Post a Comment